Congratulations! It’s closing day! Before you head to your appointment, make sure you have these essential items with you:
- Your checkbook. Your lender will send you an estimate of what you will owe before closing day. If there’s any difference between that estimate and the balance due on closing day, you’ll need your checkbook to pay it.
- Your photo ID. This should be a current, government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- A smile. Patience is key! We know you’re excited to get the keys and move in, but there are a lot of documents to go through at closing. Have questions, listen carefully, and flex those signing muscles!
If there’s anything else you need to bring, your Foote Title Group closing agent will let you know.
Sellers need to bring a few things to closing, too:
- Government-issued photo ID
- All copies of all keys to the house
- Garage door openers
- Codes for alarm or keyless entry
- A checkbook if you’re not having closing costs taken out of the sale of the house or if you will owe money