Who we are
Foote Title Group was started as a mother/daughter team in Southern Maryland in 1986. It was a creation of Anita Foote after working for years in a mortgage and title position with a national real estate development firm. Foote Title Group was the 1st woman owned title company in Southern Maryland and the 2nd non attorney owned company in Charles County, Maryland.
Connie Fuksa started working part time in the evenings and on weekends to help out. Connie became full time in 1987 teaching herself all of the pieces that go into the closing.
In 1998 Anita retired and Connie took over and has been running the business since.
October 2005 Foote Title Group expanded into the Northern Neck of Virginia with an office in King George. The proximity to the base, the affordable housing and the commercial growth have all contributed to the growing population in that area and the success of that office.
Why we do it
You know you don’t grow up saying I want to do home closings!
Anita learned the business through many different careers in multiple real estate fields. Through those experiences she decided that working directly with the customer to help them understand the process and making sure their interest in their home was secure was her passion. So, she took the leap to open her own company with that passion in the front of her.
Connie started her career in title as we said, working part time to help her mom out. What was once a part time job turned too into a passion when she bought her first home and had an absolutely horrible experience. Buying a home is supposed to be a fun, exciting and happy experience. That closing was so bad it set the precedent for her passion going forward. She is determined every day to make the closing processes simple and understandable. Also she wants that home buyer to feel like they should, on top of the world and empowered with the knowledge of what they committed to.
Connie likes to view the home closing as the “dessert” at the end of the home purchase. Closing is the completion of all of the other steps of the process. You should look forward to going to closing like you look forward to what’s on the dessert menu at the fancy restaurant. Completing closing and getting those keys in your hand is like enjoying a huge piece of Baked Alaska or a scrumptious Georgetown Cupcake!
Our Core Values
- MVP’s (most valuable part of closing is our customers) are ALWAYS first
- Honesty no matter what
- Integrity – if it’s wrong we simply won’t do it
- Accuracy – we are expected to get it right and we work very hard to do just that
- Respect – we respect everyone’s position in the process
- Dedication to do it accurate and do what’s right
- To make sure the home closing process is simple to understand
- To make sure all of the pieces are pulled together smoothly and correctly
- To always make sure the buyer’s home ownership is completely protected
To make sure that every one the planet understands that they have a choice in choosing who handles their home closing and who protects their home ownership and educate them on why it is so important to choose and choose wisely.
Our Promise to You
- We do things right, we don’t do gray area
- We will always keep you in the loop every step of the way through your home closing
- We will make your home closing process smooth, simple and understandable
- Make sure you feel comfortable asking any questions
- Make sure you and your ownership are protected for as long as you own your home
FOOTE TITLE GROUP HAS CONTINUED TO REINVEST IN THE COMMUNITY THAT IT SERVES THROUGH DONATIONS OF BOTH TIME AND MONEY. THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SOME OF THE ORGANIZATIONS THAT WE HAVE SUPPORTED:
- King George YMCA
- Cancer Cares
- Christmas in April
- Spring Dell Center
- Make A Wish Foundation
- Susan Komen Foundation
- Brain Tumor Society
WE ARE ALSO ACTIVE MEMBERS OF:
- Maryland Land Title Association
- Virginia Land Title Association
- American Land Title Association